This course is designed to provide participants with basic knowledge on the definition and differences of incidents, accidents, and near miss. In addition, participants will also study on the principles of incident prevention, and the three major accident causation theories or models, as well as information on costs related to incident prevention and accident prevention programs.
By the end of this course, the participants will be able to;
- Define the terms and differences between “incident”, “accident”, and “near miss”.
- Understand what causes incidents and the role management.
- Explain the basic causation accident theories or models.
- Understand the costs of incidents.
- Organise accident prevention programmes.